PDA

View Full Version : wanted omega universal pro-lab negative carriers

zoeyzoeyzoey
22-Oct-2013, 07:03
i have a pro lab and am having a hard time finding negative carriers for it.
i have a 35mm glass but it's so loose that the negative slides out .
i have a glass 4x5 that looks good but i haven't tried yet.
i need a 6x7 and a 6x6 and posibly a 35mm . i have looked high and low and haven't found even 1 of any type anywhere.
they must exist somewhere. also where do the filters go i think i can put them above the condenser but i don't have a holder.
i'm using my besler 67 dichro with color head for now so i'm not in dyer need but i want to start printing 4x5 soon.
thanks to all that make this site great

Jon Shiu
22-Oct-2013, 08:36
Most likely you can use any of the D2 - D5 negative carriers, which countless used ones are available. Look up your enlarger on http://www.khbphotografix.com/

Jon

Jac@stafford.net
22-Oct-2013, 08:52
i have looked high and low and haven't found even 1 of any type anywhere.

I have to believe you are not using the correct search terms. There are hundreds of compatible carriers from expensive NOS to very inexpensive used. Google search for omega negative carrier and pare down from there.

bob carnie
22-Oct-2013, 09:10
I suspect a troll any pro labs you know that do not know how to find equipment thats been around for 50 years

Jon Shiu
22-Oct-2013, 09:42
I suspect a troll any pro labs you know that do not know how to find equipment thats been around for 50 years

"Pro Lab" is actually the name of the Omega enlarger, a variant of the D2 or D5 or D6.

Jon

bob carnie
22-Oct-2013, 10:03
my bad..

Frank_E
22-Oct-2013, 10:16
Zoey
I suggest you check the APUG classified section
there are several people who have been selling those negative carriers for a while now

AtlantaTerry
22-Oct-2013, 12:04
Zoey,

The last time I dropped by Wing's Camera in Atlanta they had a stack of Omega negative carriers in various sizes and conditions. I bought a pristine 4x5 glassless carrier (the one that is white on one side and black on the other) for something like $10.

Also you might want to check with Columbus Camera Group in Columbus, Ohio. They are located in a former church. The building is stacked with shelves full of camera and enlarger accessories.

zoeyzoeyzoey
23-Oct-2013, 08:21
thanks everyone for the replies
didn't think i'd get so many
jerry, zoey,zoey.zoey

Jon Shiu
23-Oct-2013, 16:07
Here is some info from Harry classic enlarger site (http://www.classic-enlargers.com/)

Carriers to be used only for D-II, D-2, D-3 come without the locator plate on the bottom.

Those for D-4, D-5, D-6 come with the bottom locator plate and can be use on all D-Series enlargers.