PDA

View Full Version : Does the Boyer Saphir 270mm f6.3 cover 8X10?

ALEFO
6-Sep-2013, 05:47
Hello,

I wanted to know if the Boyer Saphir 270mm f6.3 cover 8X10 format? (with or without movement)
I did not find lot of information about this lens except one article written by Dan Fromm about history of Boyer Lenses here http://www.galerie-photo.com/boyer-lens-optic.html

I have exactly the same lens as the one on this picture

mine is mounted on a compound shutter and has the following serial number 695681

Tank you
ALEFO

Dan Fromm
6-Sep-2013, 06:14
Boyer's fiches techniques claim 64 degrees, 338 mm. My co-author Eric Beltrando insists that Boyer's coverage claims are inflated and that the lens in fact covers less than Boyer asserts it does.

A 270 has to cover 59 degrees to cover a 305 mm circle. I don't know for sure, but y'r lens should cover 8x10 with little or not margin for movements. Why don't you try it?

ALEFO
6-Sep-2013, 10:02
Boyer's fiches techniques claim 64 degrees, 338 mm. My co-author Eric Beltrando insists that Boyer's coverage claims are inflated and that the lens in fact covers less than Boyer asserts it does.

A 270 has to cover 59 degrees to cover a 305 mm circle. I don't know for sure, but y'r lens should cover 8x10 with little or not margin for movements. Why don't you try it?

Thank you Dan,

I would say i am in transaction for buying the lens at the moment.
I will test it, of course.
Again thank you,
ALEFO