PDA

View Full Version : Epson Artisan 1430 users?

vijaylff
7-Aug-2013, 20:29
Hello,

Is anyone here using an Epson Artisan 1430 for black and white prints? I am interested in getting neutral BW prints from my 4x5 scans (and digital files converted to black and white). I was reading up on Paul Roark's black and white ink sets to use with this printer and that seemed to be a good combination.

It fits the budget, the wi-fi connectivity is nice and seems to have support for a third party BW ink set.

If you use the printer, I'd be curious to hear how you like it, the types of ink and paper you use, etc.

thanks,
Vijay

Jody_S
8-Aug-2013, 06:11
I have one, but I've never tried making a serious print with it. There are cheaper printing shops locally, it's not worth my while to invest in this and print my own.

I've had some trouble with clogging, but I don't use it very often, and the self-cleaning cycle clears it up first try. Connectivity and compatibility weren't an issue, wifi works, in fact I haven't had any issues at all except banding in a couple of prints due to clogging from lack of use.

SergeiR
8-Aug-2013, 07:44
MIS + Red River works pretty well. But i dont like neutral , so its hard to say.

vijaylff
8-Aug-2013, 16:23
Thanks Jody_S, SergeiR.

mdm
8-Aug-2013, 18:31
I have one with eboni 6 in it. It can be troublesome. A chip resetter solved a lot of problems for me. Go with Piezography inks for better support and profiling.