PDA

View Full Version : inexpensive glossy paper?

h2oman
25-Jul-2013, 07:09
I'm looking for an inexpensive glossy or luster paper for 8.5x11 prints using the photo black ink (as opposed to matte black) on my Epson 3800. I have some paper now (Inkjet Art Micro Ceramic Luster) that fit the inexpensive part, but it is horribly cold for my tastes. Any suggestions?

Tin Can
25-Jul-2013, 07:59
I buy Costco paper for everyday use.

Cheap and good for a lot of images. They have 8.5x11 and 4x6 in their store brand, Kirkland, it's $20 for 150 sheets of ' 8.5x11" Premium weight glossy, made in Mexico.'

Great paper. it's the same thing they print on, except they print giant rolls. I forget the actual manufacturer, but it's top notch, just as all Kirkland products are.

I'm looking for an inexpensive glossy or luster paper for 8.5x11 prints using the photo black ink (as opposed to matte black) on my Epson 3800. I have some paper now (Inkjet Art Micro Ceramic Luster) that fit the inexpensive part, but it is horribly cold for my tastes. Any suggestions?

Peter Gomena
25-Jul-2013, 08:47
I second the Costco paper. You'll need a profile for it, but it's cheap and high-quality stuff.

Jim Becia
25-Jul-2013, 17:30

Greg,

You might try Calumet's Brilliant Glossy. Right now they have it on sale, and it looks like there is free shipping, at least there was on my last order which just came in on Tuesday. Just went to their site and could not find any 8.5x11. Jim

Brian Ellis
26-Jul-2013, 06:46
I normally use matte paper but I found a sale on Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster and bought a box just to try it. I don't have a lot with which to compare it but I thought it was pretty nice and it's fairly inexpensive.

SergeiR
26-Jul-2013, 07:37
You can try to check Red River Paper. Prints on their Satin paper with MIS inks are just scary nice (if you like warm tones that is)