PDA

View Full Version : Independent Machinist Needed to Adapt Horseman Reflex Viewer to Shen-Hao

michaeljoeserra
18-Jul-2013, 14:32
Greetings,

I recently moved to a 4x5 camera, having worked with an 8x10 camera for a number of years. The reduction in image viewing size has been problematic for me. I purchased a Horseman folding reflex viewer, and work with a Shen Hao TZ-IIA camera. I will need to have an adapter made to use the viewer with the camera.

At this point in time, I cannot afford able craftsmen such as Richard Ritter and the workers at SK Grimes.

Is anyone aware of any independent machinists/skilled hobbyists who would take up a job like this one, for a reasonable price tag?

Thanks everyone.

Best,
Michael

Ari
18-Jul-2013, 17:04
I scoured the yellow pages in my area, and found a good machinist who charges reasonable rates.
If you let others know where you are located, they may know of a reputable machinist in your area.

Cletus
18-Jul-2013, 19:10
Look up Hejnar Photo. He's mainly on Ebay and also has a regular website. He mostly makes quick release plates and other Arca Swiss compatible camera mounting and macro stuff, but he did a custom machining job for me - to make a part for my 8x10 camera actually. The part wasn't too complicated but he did a beautiful job on it and the cost was probably half what SKG or some others might charge.

ROL
19-Jul-2013, 10:55
I scoured the yellow pages in my area, and found a good machinist who charges reasonable rates.
If you let others know where you are located, they may know of a reputable machinist in your area.

Yes, I found an aerospace machining company locally to adapt some quick release plates to a camera. The guy who worked on it, per my specifications, was thrilled to be working on something different. I tipped him.

Amedeus
19-Jul-2013, 11:26
Thumbs up for Chris Heynar ... I have similar experiences with his business for affordable custom work.

Look up Hejnar Photo. He's mainly on Ebay and also has a regular website. He mostly makes quick release plates and other Arca Swiss compatible camera mounting and macro stuff, but he did a custom machining job for me - to make a part for my 8x10 camera actually. The part wasn't too complicated but he did a beautiful job on it and the cost was probably half what SKG or some others might charge.

michaeljoeserra
21-Jul-2013, 15:09
Thanks everyone for your responses. I will look up Hejnar! Recommendations are invaluable for this sort of thing.