PDA

View Full Version : Online shop located in USA

Pasukaru
27-Jun-2013, 16:23
Hi,

I'm going to move in California and I need to set up a darkroom, can yu suggest to me some online shops where buy stuff like accessory for darkroom and chemicals like pyrocat hd, tf4, and gaf 125 ?

Have a good day.

Roger Thoms
27-Jun-2013, 16:33
Freestyle comes right to mind. http://www.freestylephoto.biz/ Plus if you happen to be moving to LA you can go there in person. Craigslist is also a great source for darkroom equipment.

Roger

Mark_S
28-Jun-2013, 08:08
What part of California will you be moving to? I moved to San Jose about 3 years ago, and established a new darkroom here - in addition to online, depending on where you are, there can be some good local resources as well!

Drew Wiley
28-Jun-2013, 13:45
Calif is a big state. You need to be more specific. Here in the Bay Area it's easy to walk in a store and pick up darkroom supplies. If you're going to online order, it
doesn't matter where you live, unless you are trying to get something hazardous shipped.

Reinhold Schable
3-Jul-2013, 22:43
Don't forget the classifieds here on LFPF and APUG.
Some items for sale are long out of production but are timeless and perfectly servicable.
And some custom items work better than 'store bought' hardware.

Dodging wands, for example:
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/116885-darkroom-tools.html

Reinhold
www.Re-inventedPhotoEquip.com

Pasukaru
4-Jul-2013, 02:18
Thank you for the replies,
I'm going to move on San Francisco... I completely forgot about B&H I think I'm going to make a big order and buy all the stuff that I need from there instead to make multipe order from different store.

Bob Salomon
4-Jul-2013, 04:48
I'm going to move on San Francisco... I completely forgot about B&H I think I'm going to make a big order and buy all the stuff that I need from there instead to make multipe order from different store.

Wait till you see the stuff at Looking Glass in Berkeley when you get to SF.

Lenny Eiger
4-Jul-2013, 11:51
I buy a lot from Jim Andracki at mpex.com. they have great prices.... and they are knowledgeable. There are a number of nice-looking stores in SF. I think Gasser's is still there, and Calumet. Also nice places in Berkeley as Bob mentioned and a lot of folks like Keeble & Shucat in Palo Alto.
There is also the viewcamerastore.com, bostick-sullivan.com (alt process supplies) and Photographer's Formulary at photoformulary.com.

This is also a great place to buy stuff - in the For Sale forum. I've only had good experiences...

There are also a lot of meetup groups if you want to get together with other photographers, including one for large format. It's located in San Jose but they go all over the Bay...

Good luck.

Lenny

Mark_S
9-Jul-2013, 08:30

B&H have very good service, and a good selection of products. FreestylePhoto, also metioned in this thread also have a lot of stuff, and may be stronger in their darkroom department.

For local stores to get supplies etc, a couple of things come to mind: On the peninsula, in Palo Alto is Keeble and Shuchat who still have a darkroom dept. I use them to purchase a lot of my chemicals. There is also a large, and pretty good rental darkroom in San Francisco that I have used - Rayko. Both Rayko and K&S are walking distance from Caltrain stations, so they are quite convenient for me since I don't like to drive.

angusparker
9-Jul-2013, 20:55
Look at renting time at RayKo in SF....