PDA

View Full Version : Capture One Express 6 available for free

welly
26-Jun-2013, 16:38
Just got a tip off that Phase One are doing a promo on Capture One Express 6 (the previous, but still very good, version).

If you go to http://www.phaseone.com/dcm and then "Add To Cart" and use the voucher/token/code DCM2013 then you'll get it for nothing.

It's worth a look if nothing else.

Cheers

Corran
27-Jun-2013, 14:22
Thanks welly. I wanted to try CaptureOne, so this is great.

Tin Can
27-Jun-2013, 15:27
Trying to get it, very slow site, that has kicked me off the download twice now...

jonreid
28-Jun-2013, 03:58
Yes, very slow. They must have parked it on an old server.

Corran
28-Jun-2013, 04:19
They must've been getting hammered yesterday. I also couldn't get anything past about 3MB before getting kicked off the server but this morning I cruised right through the 132MB download in about 2 minutes.

Tin Can
28-Jun-2013, 07:48
I got it today but it is a 60 day trial, may as well got the '7' trial.

Latest Shutterbug has a review.

Corran
28-Jun-2013, 07:54
I noticed that but I thought you just pop the key in that they sent out via email and it would be registered and not a "trial?"

I have not installed it yet. Speculating.

Bob Salomon
28-Jun-2013, 08:04
I got it today but it is a 60 day trial, may as well got the '7' trial.

Latest Shutterbug has a review.

I got it this this AM clicked activate and put the key in and it became fully functional as a registered copy. No problem at all!

Tin Can
28-Jun-2013, 08:11
I can't do that, doesn't work, I bet yesterday's download somehow messed with today's.

I just tried it.

60 days is plenty to see what's up, and I will try '7'.

I got it this this AM clicked activate and put the key in and it became fully functional as a registered copy. No problem at all!

IanG
28-Jun-2013, 08:31
I downloaded it, it's not any better than the software that came withn my Canon in fact less features. I did use early versions of the full program (not Express) and it was better.

I'm going to trial the full version of Pro 7 instead.

Ian

Corran
28-Jun-2013, 21:31
I installed it, and was fooling around but it completely crashed when I loaded up my D800E files from the wedding I shot last weekend. Forget that trash. (For reference: I'm running a screaming computer so that has nothing to do with it. Lightroom chews right through those files.)

Jody_S
28-Jun-2013, 22:32
I noticed that but I thought you just pop the key in that they sent out via email and it would be registered and not a "trial?"

I have not installed it yet. Speculating.

Worked for me. Well, we'll see in 60 days if it stops working, but the registration process wasn't for a trial.

For those having trouble downloading, in the end I started 3 simultaneous downloads and went away for 24 hours; one of them completed.

David A. Goldfarb
29-Jun-2013, 03:49
Thanks for the tip. Downloading now at a pretty good speed.

No problem getting the full registered version. I entered an activation code from my receipt after ordering the free copy with the promo code above; it found my Phase 1 profile created during the ordering process; and everything loaded properly.

At first glance, I like it as a tool for what I usually do with a DSLR. The output is of high quality, and for jobs where I have to sort and edit a lot of images quickly, the workflow seems logical and quick--better than Canon's basic editing software, but more streamlined than CS5, which I usually use, doing most of my preliminary selection in Bridge and basic editing in ACR, fine tuning and retouching in PhotoShop if necessary.

For large format, where my usual workflow for digital output is likely to involve digitizing a neg or transparency or a print with a DSLR, I've already done the basic selection by that point, so the more streamlined mode of working isn't as much of an advantage, but if I had a digital back, I'd probably be inclined to do preliminary editing and selection in Capture One.

ashfaque
8-Jul-2013, 01:48
I have never tried CO. I will give it a go. Thanks a lot for sharing this, Alastair. :)

Bests,

Ashfaque