PDA

View Full Version : Ilfospeed 500 Controller Issues

coat953
24-Jun-2013, 08:20
My De Vere 504's Ilfospeed controller works perfectly for about 30 minutes, then goes nuts, with the LED numbers flashing and the thing beeping at me. If I turn it off, it's fine after about twenty minutes. Is this an issue with the control pad? If it is, then I can replace it with the RH designs one. If not, is this a more serious (expensive) head issue?

Jeff Bannow
24-Jun-2013, 10:00
Not sure about the problem, but I can highly recommend the RH Designs controller.

Where are you located? Someone local might have one they could lend for testing.

George Richards
24-Jun-2013, 13:53
It could be the power supply as well. The DC power for the controller is in the power supply unit. I'd suspect it first. Could be a capacitor or voltage regulator breaking done, these things are getting on in years.

George

Ginette
24-Jun-2013, 17:11
As George said, it is probably the power supply. I have many keypads and check for a similar problem and all keypads do the same flicking LED with the faulty power supply and all keypads work with another power supply. Before buying a RH Designs controller, you should ask to another darkroom user near you for testing his power supply or find an used one.

SMBooth
24-Jun-2013, 17:13
Sounds like something getting hot and breaking down electronically Maybe a dry solder joint?.

coat953
25-Jun-2013, 02:33
Thanks for the good advice, I was concerned it was the head. Next thing, is there anyone in the north of England with a similar setup?!