PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of the riff-raff

Lenny Eiger
18-Jun-2013, 19:49
I know a lot of us get up early in the morning to get that wonderful light, but some city-dwellers have expressed to me they do it to get rid of all the people in the images.

I came across this today: http://imgur.com/gallery/xl4Pc

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this works, or if it shreds the image (or doesn't), use at your own risk. I just thought it was interesting... maybe even useful to someone... at least amusing.

Lenny

photobymike
18-Jun-2013, 20:07
yes i have seen this ...but its the human riff raff that make it an interesting picture

Tin Can
18-Jun-2013, 20:30
gotta try it just for fun

paulr
18-Jun-2013, 22:33
I wonder how this compares with other noise reduction methods.

DaveS
19-Jun-2013, 00:37
I also prefer the rif-raf in my photos

civich
19-Jun-2013, 04:16
Rif-Raf...... I resemble that remark.

Jac@stafford.net
19-Jun-2013, 05:41
I think that only works with Photoshop Extended. There is no statistics script in my version.

However, there might be another way. I recall when CS was introduced and Adobe showed the same being done with a series of photos of traffic on the Golden Gate Bridge, but I do not recall if it was the extended Photoshop.

E. von Hoegh
19-Jun-2013, 07:26
I think that only works with Photoshop Extended. There is no statistics script in my version.

However, there might be another way. I recall when CS was introduced and Adobe showed the same being done with a series of photos of traffic on the Golden Gate Bridge, but I do not recall if it was the extended Photoshop.

There is. Collodion wetplate and very long exposures.

Andrew O'Neill
19-Jun-2013, 08:22
I'm not going to waste 15 sheets of 8x10 film! ... just get up earlier or do what E. von Heogh suggests! ... I know a guy who yells at people "get the %#*! out of my picture!"

Lenny Eiger
19-Jun-2013, 11:23
I also prefer the rif-raf in my photos

It's funny. Some go to great lengths to get rid of them and one fellow who did some scans with me added hundreds of people, painstakingly, one at a time, to a landscape...

To each his own...

Lenny

Ari
19-Jun-2013, 11:32
You could also slap a heavy ND filter on your lens and expose for a long time, variation of what EVH said.

Tin Can
19-Jun-2013, 11:34
I just leave the lens cap on. Gets rid of everything.

Michael E
20-Jun-2013, 02:49
Apart from my images - how do I get the riff raff out of my life? Is there a Photoshop script, or is yelling the only way?

Michael

E. von Hoegh
20-Jun-2013, 08:38
Apart from my images - how do I get the riff raff out of my life? Is there a Photoshop script, or is yelling the only way?

Michael

Well, yelling can discourage one kind of r-r while encouraging another - think of kibitzers/police.

You can try telling the absolute truth at all times; telling someone who asks how you are, exactly how you are; looking people directly in the eyes; replying literally to any and all questions, and eating a lot of broccolli with onions, raw.