PDA

View Full Version : Giottos YTL tripods

Tin Can
1-Jun-2013, 18:34
I have been patiently waiting to buy a new tripod. I had heard of a neat new design from Giottos, called YTL. Tonight I am reading my new issue of Shutterbug and there is a nice 1 page ad extolling the good points. Looked so good I did a Google search for them.

Found a few reviews, but none for sale on the first page of Google results.

Then I noticed a listing called, 'don't buy Giottos YTL' which is a sad tale of one pro's experience, where their first YTL broke completely on the second use.

I'm not going to list the link, but it sure took the enthusiasm for a new tripod right out of me.

I am not buying any tripod for a while now...

Bob Salomon
2-Jun-2013, 04:02
Then send me the link. We put a 12 year warranty on Giotto tripods because they don't fail under normal use. So let us contact him and see what his problem was. Giotto tripods don't just fail like that.

By the way, while the YTL series was released in parts of the EU in Jan. we in the USA did not buy the first production. We waited for a later production and introduced them in April in the USA to shake out any growing pains with a new design. When was his post made?

Tin Can
2-Jun-2013, 06:33
I have PMed the url to Bob.

Looks like March 31.

Then send me the link. We put a 12 year warranty on Giotto tripods because they don't fail under normal use. So let us contact him and see what his problem was. Giotto tripods don't just fail like that.

By the way, while the YTL series was released in parts of the EU in Jan. we in the USA did not buy the first production. We waited for a later production and introduced them in April in the USA to shake out any growing pains with a new design. When was his post made?