PDA

View Full Version : Just a guy seeking info on old bulbs

bdubya
25-May-2013, 15:13
Hey, folks....I feel a little guilty registering here, because I'm not a photographer, I'm just a guy in Chicago seeking info on a box of old flashbulbs that came with my house when I bought it. Not even sure what part of the forum I should post in....don't know if they would qualify as "gear" or not. This was the only forum I could find with any discussion of old flashbulbs, so here I am. Figure I might start in the Lounge for want of a better idea.

Doug Herta
25-May-2013, 16:32
A bunch of us use the old 4X5 Graphic cameras as well as flashbulbs, so you are at the right place.

A good place to get some general info is:

http://www.graflex.org/flash/technical.html

You can also check out the forums in Graflex.org and a few (not very active) yahoo and flickr groups.

If you have specific questions, fire away!

Jac@stafford.net
25-May-2013, 16:50
I am a bulb flash fanatic. What do you have? We might cut a deal.

Jac

bdubya
30-May-2013, 09:21
I am a bulb flash fanatic. What do you have? We might cut a deal.

Jac

I posted some info here: http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?103706-Any-info-on-box-of-old-flashbulbs

I expect I'll be posting them for sale soon, either here or on eBay.

ROL
30-May-2013, 09:29
I'm just a cynical dim bulb, but I wish you'd stop hawking your wares in the Lounge and Introductions and just put them in For Sale, since by your own admission, you have no other interest in this forum or its members.

BrianShaw
30-May-2013, 11:02
This must be the "pre-ad"... another one of those "checking interest" "feeler" kind of sales postings.

Jac@stafford.net
30-May-2013, 11:52
Put them on the bay and be happy. Sell a dozen or so per lot. No reserve. Best of luck, sincerely.

bdubya
31-May-2013, 11:48
I'm just a cynical dim bulb, but I wish you'd stop hawking your wares in the Lounge and Introductions and just put them in For Sale, since by your own admission, you have no other interest in this forum or its members.

You have my apologies, sir. Please understand, I posted to the Lounge because it's specifically labeled as "The area for off-topic discussion", and I didn't see any forum where this clearly would have been ON-topic (I didn't see the "For Sale" forum at all, presumably because forum rules prohibit new members from posting "For Sale" for 30 days). And I figured if I was posting anywhere here at all it would be polite to Introduce myself and make my intentions clear right from the get-go. It won't happen again, I promise.

And thanks to Doug and Jac for their input.