PDA

View Full Version : new member from houston, tx

flyboyx
17-May-2013, 21:44
hello everyone.

i just joined today. a little about myself: back in the mid to late 90's i was a semi pro photographer. i shot canon 35mm and a mamiya 7 with a full compliment of lenses. my genera is mostly landscapes and environmental portraiture. i lost all my camera equipment when my house flooded during hurricane ike in 2008. since this time i have been pretty much SOL as far as quality equipment is concerned.

for my birthday this year, my wife purchased a wista sp technical field camera used off ebay. i have been slowly buying lenses and accessories off the same web site. other than the camera, i now have a really nice rodenstock 65mm f5.6, a nice vintage schneider 270mm f5.5 and a sinar zoom vario 6x4.5-12 roll film back.

my main reason for joining this forum was because i was hoping to find another outlet to buy used equipment to compliment my kit.

for the life of me, i can't seem to find an sub forum here for this sort of thing.

other than ebay, does anyone have ideas where i can find good deals on used wista accessories? specifically, i am looking for a bag bellows, the recessed lens board that is open around the edges, a prism style viewfinder(preferably the collapsible one) and a lens in the 100mm range. the nikon f5.6 seems like a good choice.

anyway, hello to everyone. any input would really be appreciated.

brian

TXFZ1
18-May-2013, 05:45
Welcome, I am in North Houston. The "classifieds" will open up to you in a month as there is a 30 day waiting period. APUG is also another forum that is a devoted to film.

David

flyboyx
18-May-2013, 06:39
hey david. thank you for your response. i am on the north as well. humble kingwood area.

Douglas
18-May-2013, 06:45
Great birthday present.

Welcome.

David Lobato
18-May-2013, 07:43
Welcome. There are a few other Houston forum members around here.