PDA

View Full Version : Oh Hai! New member from Argentina

batt[o]
11-May-2013, 08:38
Hi everyone!
My name is Matias and I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Just got interested in LF photography and was looking around to get some gear to start taking some 4x5. Few friends of mine are taking pictures and workshops and It's contagious, I got interested too.

I was looking for a camera to start with and got a shen hao field camera in mind with a 150mm lens... Just gotta save and find some nice stuff to get.

Besides photography, I'm studying pharmacy and work as a pharmacist assistant.

Glad to be part of this new forum for me!
Matias.

Alan Gales
11-May-2013, 17:13
A Shen Hao with 150mm lens would be great to start off with. Buy a nice used outfit if you can so you can save some money for film, film holders, tripod, etc. You can always use a black T-shirt for a dark cloth.

Welcome to the forum, Matias!

William Whitaker
11-May-2013, 21:49
Welcome Matias! Curious to see you're from Buenos Aires as I've just started to learn tango and BA has become of some interest to me. Perhaps someday I'll get to visit.

John Kasaian
12-May-2013, 07:15
Welcome!

batt[o]
12-May-2013, 12:22
A Shen Hao with 150mm lens would be great to start off with. Buy a nice used outfit if you can so you can save some money for film, film holders, tripod, etc. You can always use a black T-shirt for a dark cloth.

Welcome to the forum, Matias!

Yes, that's what I'm aiming for. Still reading about lenses and stuff to get to know what to get and saving money.

Welcome Matias! Curious to see you're from Buenos Aires as I've just started to learn tango and BA has become of some interest to me. Perhaps someday I'll get to visit.

You're welcome! If you ever travel to Bs As. Just let me know! Will make an "asado" for you!

Welcome!

Thanks John!

Scott Davis
14-May-2013, 03:50
Hola Matias y bienvenido! Although it's been a few years since I was last in Argentina, I had a wonderful time in BsAs and Iguazu and I can't wait to get back. You'll really enjoy that little Shen Hao - it's a terrific camera and it will last you many years.

Brian C. Miller
14-May-2013, 07:41
Matias, I meant to ask, are you familiar with the Sub photography cooperative (http://www.sub.coop/en) group? I came a cross their site a few days ago, and I thought it would be neat if they had a large format photographer with them.

batt[o]
14-May-2013, 10:37
Hola Matias y bienvenido! Although it's been a few years since I was last in Argentina, I had a wonderful time in BsAs and Iguazu and I can't wait to get back. You'll really enjoy that little Shen Hao - it's a terrific camera and it will last you many years.

Great Scott!
I've been looking your blog too! Some pics are amazing!
Anytime you will be welcome and let me know if you're coming back!

Matias, I meant to ask, are you familiar with the Sub photography cooperative (http://www.sub.coop/en) group? I came a cross their site a few days ago, and I thought it would be neat if they had a large format photographer with them.

I will take a look.

David Lobato
14-May-2013, 19:40
Welcome. I was in BsAs a few years ago and loved it. It is a beautiful city with wonderful people. I want to return there.

batt[o]
15-May-2013, 10:07
Welcome. I was in BsAs a few years ago and loved it. It is a beautiful city with wonderful people. I want to return there.

Thank you David!
If you ever come back, let me know for catching a coffe or something together! :D

Douglas
21-May-2013, 10:53
Welcome aboard.