PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Lightroom licence

Eric Rose
10-May-2013, 08:07
I can't find on their website whether I can install the program on two computers or not. The activate / deactivate thing I suppose works but what a hassle. I want to have it working on my main workstation and my laptop for when I am on location. Any thoughts??

Eric

Greg Miller
10-May-2013, 08:23
Not 100% sure about Lightroom, but most Adobe products allow you to install on a desktop and a laptop. So one license is good for 2 computers.

Kirk Gittings
10-May-2013, 08:41
Now you can also (I hear) use two platforms too which was an issue with PS (but not Lightroom).

Light Guru
10-May-2013, 08:43
Not 100% sure about Lightroom, but most Adobe products allow you to install on a desktop and a laptop. So one license is good for 2 computers.

As long as those two computers are both not using it at the same time, is what i have heard.

Ed Bray
10-May-2013, 08:48
No problem at all with laptop/macbook & desktop/powermac. Maximum of 2 though!

Eric Rose
10-May-2013, 08:52
Thanks guys!

Greg Miller
10-May-2013, 08:56
As long as those two computers are both not using it at the same time, is what i have heard.

That's what the license says, but I have never seen any indications of enforcement of that. I have Photoshop CS6 installed on a desktop and laptop and have have both running at the same time (accidentally, of course...).

Light Guru
10-May-2013, 09:59
That's what the license says, but I have never seen any indications of enforcement of that. I have Photoshop CS6 installed on a desktop and laptop and have have both running at the same time (accidentally, of course...).

nice to know. Ive seen some software that if both machines are an the same network it wont let you open both at the same time

Larry Gebhardt
14-May-2013, 08:02
How do you install a second license from a download rather than a CD version?

Just put in the same license key.

Light Guru
14-May-2013, 09:04
How do you install a second license from a download rather than a CD version?

I've used the creative cloud for almost a year now and i just installed the application manager on both my laptop and desktop and it then lets you install the specific program on both.