PDA

View Full Version : Workshops

Bob Phipps
8-Jun-2004, 10:16
Hi, Does anyone know of large format workshops in the East? OH,PA,VT,NY,NH,WV,MD,VA,NC,SC,TN,KY,etc. Thanks, Bob

Edward (Halifax,NS)
8-Jun-2004, 10:23
If you are into contact printing Micheal Smith and Paula Chamlee run a workshop out of Pennsylvania.

Brian Ellis
8-Jun-2004, 11:25
Peters Valley Arts and Crafts Center in NJ near the PA border usually has at least one large format workshop each summer. Tillman Crane sometimes teaches them and he's very good. Beware the heat in the dorms if you stay in them and there's a hot spell but otherwise it's a nice facility and a nice part of the country.

George Losse
8-Jun-2004, 11:27
Don't forget the Maine Photographic workshops and also Woodstock Center for photography. Do a google search and see what they have to offer this year.

Danny Burk
8-Jun-2004, 11:38
It's just outside of the area that you mention, but I'm teaching an Intro to LF 2-day workshop at the Indiana Dunes in August. Jeff from Badger Graphic will be present with a lot of "show and tell" equipment. Full info is on my website www.dannyburk.com.

Regards, Danny

Jerry Flynn
8-Jun-2004, 12:08
Maine Photographic Workshops usually has a Master Printing workshop with George Tice. While not exclusively large format, he uses a great number of large format examples and includes a demonstration of Platinum/Paladium.

steve simmons
8-Jun-2004, 13:13
Gordon Hutcings is doing a large format workshop at the Maine Photographic Workshops in week or so. Ron Wisner does one in August in the SE Mass area.

steve simmons

Todd Wright
8-Jun-2004, 14:19
In Vermont there is Richard Ritter he does large format workshops. He worked for Fred Picker for 15 years. I would highly recommend his workshop. They are kept small so that the ratio of teacher to student is from 1 to 1, to1 to 3. When I took the workshop there was 3 of us to 2 teachers. www.finefocusworkshops.com

David R Munson
8-Jun-2004, 15:05
Ian Adams runs a series of landscape and garden photography workshops through the Holden Arboretum in Kirtland, Ohio. I took a few early in high school and later helped teach a few. Lots of fun. If you happen to take any of his workshops, make sure you him I said hello.

Louie Powell
8-Jun-2004, 20:30
To expand on Brian's point - Peters Valley Craft Center is offering two LF workshops this summer - an intro course taught by Gary Bossardet, and a more advanced course led by Chip Forelli. Unfortunately, Gary's course was last weekend.

Their web site is www.pvcrafts.org