PDA

View Full Version : Help - Spring needed for B&J back - Help

Steve Feldman
3-Apr-2013, 18:38
Hi y'all,

I have a B&J 5x7 wood view with a 4x5 spring back. One of the springs is broken. :( Does anyone have one (or two)? Or can you advice me where to get? Much appreciated.

~Steve

Jon Shiu
3-Apr-2013, 19:00
Can you provide pictures and measurements?

Jon

Jody_S
3-Apr-2013, 19:20
I do have a spare B&J 4x5 back somewhere, there's nothing special about them. Pics?

Steve Feldman
4-Apr-2013, 18:53
Can you provide pictures and measurements?

Jon

Attached is a digital pix of the spring and a ruler. Hope it helps.92680

Jody_S
8-Apr-2013, 14:39
Sorry about the delay, it's been crazy here with funerals and other stuff.

Here's a photo of my 4x5 back. I think I paid $50-$60 +ship for it a couple years ago on fleabay. Prices for B&J have come down since then. I bought it because it had an original B&J grid focus screen, but the seller didn't protect it for shipping and the glass arrived broken. I never put this on my camera because it's missing the 8 pins in the corners to attach to my camera, but I know how to make those out of finishing nails if I want. I was saving this to attach to a half-plate Reisekamera from Busch, circa 1900 or so, that is missing it's back & plate holders. I never really thought about selling it, but I will of course give priority to someone who will actually make photos with a piece of gear instead of leaving it to collect dust as I have. Please contact me by pm if you wish to pursue this course of action, I am more than willing to remove the pair of springs and send them to you.

Steve Feldman
30-May-2013, 17:09
Hi - I don't know how to PM so this will have to do. What do you want for the springs?
Thanks.

Jody_S
30-May-2013, 17:32
Wow, I just caught this, I usually miss threads once they're past the first page. Can you email me at kingsmeg (at) gmail.com, we'll work something out.