PDA

View Full Version : I'm new around here

eskimo
3-Apr-2013, 07:37
Hello to all!
my name is Paolo and i'm a new user from Italy. Today i'm still outside LF world but with a friend's graflex maybe i'll make my first steps inside...

see you!
Paolo

thomasfallon
3-Apr-2013, 08:11
Welcome. Post your results.

gerry schnaible
4-Apr-2013, 13:00
Hello to all!
my name is Paolo and i'm a new user from Italy. Today i'm still outside LF world but with a friend's graflex maybe i'll make my first steps inside...

see you!
Paolo

Be VERY cautious as this drug is highly addictive.:)

eskimo
5-Apr-2013, 01:04
yes, i'll do. But i won't assure nothing to anyone!

but until now i don't have a camera, nor a reliable method to develop sheets, nor a 4x5 enlarger. So i think my future will be painful for my wallet...
by now, i'll check some advices round here!
P.

Brian C. Miller
5-Apr-2013, 08:37
Your future will only be as painful as you make it to be.

Years ago I bought a Graflex Super Graphic. I found out later that the ground glass had been broken and incorrectly replaced. So that was $500 + replacement GG & Fresnel lens. Then a CLA (clean/lube/adjust) for the lens, a Polaroid back and film holders, and I didn't buy anything else for it for a very long time. 135mm is a good general-purpose semi-wide angle lens. I just went around finding things that would fit well for it, and that was all there was to it.

How sharp can the Wollensak Optar lens be? Bicycle spokes over a block away sharp. Not great for movements, but most of what I do with it doesn't require too much for movements.

Yes, you need to have the equipment to make the photographs. But the camera is only one part of the photographer's brush. Don't obsess over the equipment itself, unless it's broken. Just get something that works, and then go make photographs.

ROL
5-Apr-2013, 08:38
...So i think my future will be painful for my wallet...
by now, i'll check some advices round here!
P.

eskimo, in that case beware of members who will set you adrift on an ice floe.

Andrew O'Neill
5-Apr-2013, 12:13
We do that to our elders up here in Canada.

Leszek Vogt
5-Apr-2013, 22:48
I'll tell you, tough crowd. Welcome.

Les

eskimo
6-Apr-2013, 06:06
thanks!

John Kasaian
6-Apr-2013, 07:34
Welcome! There is always the option of making a pinhole camera and contact printing paper negatives.