PDA

View Full Version : Durst 1200 easel or mask?

welly
30-Mar-2013, 18:40
Finally set up our enlarger in our small communal darkroom. While putting it together (we think correctly), we noticed this, I assume, film holder with easel like abilities. Is it an easel or is it some kind of mask? Or both?

Also just wanted to clarify which way up we put the condensers in the thing. There's two condensers - we've put them in kind of opposite each other, for want of a better description and testing it on the base plate looks correct and sharp so I'm assuming we've done it correctly. Haven't tested it with a negative yet though.

ac12
30-Mar-2013, 19:20
First, download and read the manual.

That looks like the negative carrier I have for my L1000.
It would have either a glass insert on the top and bottom, or a metal mask insert for the specific film formats. The pix looks like the inserts are missing.
The masking blades would be used in conjunction with the glass inserts, to block the light from outside the negative/printing area.
page 11 and 12 of the manual.

ac12
30-Mar-2013, 22:31
Here is the link to the manual.
www.durst-pro-usa.com/pdf/manual/L1200_manual.pdf

You will NEED the manual to correctly setup the enlarger.

welly
30-Mar-2013, 23:28
Here is the link to the manual.
www.durst-pro-usa.com/pdf/manual/L1200_manual.pdf

You will NEED the manual to correctly setup the enlarger.

Thanks kindly! Just what I needed!

Woodturner-fran
2-Apr-2013, 05:55
Its an adjustable mask which helps cut down stray light when you are using the tauneg negative carrier for smaller film sizes.... you'll still need the easel as per normal....

Vick Ko
2-Apr-2013, 06:02
Looks like you have the FEMONEG carrier.
It helps as the first stage of cropping.
But still need an easel to hold the paper.