PDA

View Full Version : New LF Guy

barnninny
16-Mar-2013, 12:07
Hi, everybody. Probably like most of the newbies here, I'm new to LF photography.

I've been into 35mm off and on since the mid 1980s, and was always interested in MF and LF, as well, but never pulled the trigger. Largely, that was because the price of admission was too high. But with the digital revolution, things are pretty darn reasonable on the second-hand market, so I decided to finally take the plunge and get a MF film camera.

As I was looking around, though, I realized I could get kitted out for 4x5 photography for about the same money -- maybe less. When I spotted a Sinar F+ with lots of accessories on eBay, all in good shape, I did the clickety-click thing. (If anybody can point me to an owner's manual, I'd appreciate it.) Still needed a lens and board, so I popped for a 2nd-hand Fujinon 150/5.6 W. Still shopping for the board.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all. I have a ton to learn, so you'll all probably hear from me sooner or later. :)

Brian C. Miller
16-Mar-2013, 13:21
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're on the right track with a Sinar and a Fujinon. Excellent camera, and an excellent lens. Besides the lens board, you'll need film and film holders.

If you fill in your location for your profile, then members can give you recommendations about camera stores, places for developing film, stuff like that.

Welcome!

barnninny
16-Mar-2013, 14:18
Thanks, Brian. There are 18 film carriers included with the camera, along with a Polaroid back and a roll film back, so I should be covered on that. I definitely do need something to put in them, though.

I'm in Memphis, TN. I'll add that to my profile. Thanks.