PDA

View Full Version : New to LF and the Forum

BrockLawson
10-Mar-2013, 16:44
Hey everyone. Just wanted to make an introduction. I am a Photographer based in Houston, TX with a focus on Fashion and Portraiture. I just picked up a 4x5 by trade with a fellow photographer. I am not new to photography but film is a new world to me. I've worked in ECommerce style product photography for the past 2 years but have been dealing with photography for about 10 now. Below is a shot of the camera I picked up taken with my D800 and then a shot of my first ever shot with it (that turned out in the development process) and my first ever developed photo! Nothing special as it was just a test. But a monumental moment in its own! Excited to be a part of this community and hope to share lots of photos. Camera came with lots of goodies including three lenses. The 4x5 shot was shot on Tri-x 320 and developed in D76. Then I "scanned" it with my d800. If you are interested in seeing any of my other work or reading about my DIY 4x5 processes as well as lots of random art finds you can check out my website http://www.brocklawsonphoto.com

C_Remington
10-Mar-2013, 17:20
Enjoy.

Leigh
10-Mar-2013, 19:44
Welcome aboard.

You'll find that LF is much more effort than digital, but the rewards are worth the effort. :D

- Leigh

Andrew O'Neill
11-Mar-2013, 14:30
Welcome!