PDA

View Full Version : Private Workshops in Jerome, AZ

Laura_Campbell
9-Mar-2013, 08:44
Starting in May, I'm offering private workshops in historic Jerome, Arizona. Perched on the side of Cleopatra Hill, Jerome is a former copper mining town known for its historic architecture and scenic views. A link to a PDF is attached for downloading. Feel free to contact me for more information.

Private instruction is priced at 25-bones per hour.

Workshop PDF: http://lauracampbellfineart.com/Laura_Campbell_Workshops_Jerome_AZ.pdf

Examples of my work: http://lauracampbellfineart.com/blog/?page_id=1640

Michael S
9-Mar-2013, 08:51
What kind of bones?

Laura_Campbell
9-Mar-2013, 08:54
What kind of bones?

Paper bones toned green...

Kirk Gittings
9-Mar-2013, 09:18
Paper bones toned green...
:)

Laura_Campbell
9-Mar-2013, 09:20
:)

;-)

Vaughn
9-Mar-2013, 12:33
Good luck, Laura! I have a long-term goal of having the facilities to give private carbon printing workshops.

Teaching workshops is the best type of scam -- people pay money to learn, but are in fact teaching the teacher at the same time! Both benefit!

You have a great location to work from! All I have are redwoods and a coastline...;)

Vaughn

Laura_Campbell
9-Mar-2013, 13:31
Good luck, Laura! I have a long-term goal of having the facilities to give private carbon printing workshops.

Teaching workshops is the best type of scam -- people pay money to learn, but are in fact teaching the teacher at the same time! Both benefit!

You have a great location to work from! All I have are redwoods and a coastline...;)

Vaughn

Thanks Vaughn! Redwoods and a coastline, ey? I might have to visit your neck of the woods someday! I bet I wouldn't have the scratchies there, nor would my pastries dry out like cardboard. ;-)

Jan Pietrzak
9-Mar-2013, 18:08
Vaughn,

We try not to tell them it is a scam, we don't want to let that out that we have fun teaching workshops. It really is a lot of hard, hard, hard work and not fun to put on. So keep that part quiet. let's see this will be my 31st or 32nd year of teaching workshops. I will be posting the Platinum/Palladium Workshop soon.

Jan

Vaughn
9-Mar-2013, 18:51
Laura...Pastries mold before they dry here! But if you come out this way, you have a guide and a place to stay!

Jan...workshops are hard work. I must admit...and we earn every penny!

Laura_Campbell
9-Mar-2013, 19:02
Laura...Pastries mold before they dry here! But if you come out this way, you have a guide and a place to stay!

Jan...workshops are hard work. I must admit...and we earn every penny!

Well, the advantage to mold is at least one can pull the furry parts off. Thank you for the offer! That's very kind of you. :-)

fuegocito
9-Mar-2013, 21:25
Jerome is a great spot. I used to live in Prescott and I drive up to Jerome often. I missed AZ.

Good luck with the workshop.

Robert

Curt
10-Mar-2013, 05:12
Laura what happened to Lone Pine? Have you moved on? If you go to the Redwoods you may never leave! Anyway the best of luck with the workshops.

Laura_Campbell
10-Mar-2013, 09:05
Jerome is a great spot. I used to live in Prescott and I drive up to Jerome often. I missed AZ.

Good luck with the workshop.

Robert

Thank you for the good wishes! I really like Prescott, particularly because it has the formal town square - plus I love the historic hotel!

Laura_Campbell
10-Mar-2013, 09:39
Laura what happened to Lone Pine? Have you moved on? If you go to the Redwoods you may never leave! Anyway the best of luck with the workshops.

Thank you, Curt! No, I haven't moved on. Jerome is my home away from home. I lived in Jerome for 8 years, and I moved away in August 2008 for four years. During that time I was in Taos, eastern Death Valley, and Lone Pine.

I moved back to Jerome two months ago since I've close friends here who can help me during esc4p's start up phase. We're at a critical point now that we have fiscal sponsorship.

Since Jerome is so photogenic and it offers historic architecture, I may include Jerome as a possible location in the artist-in-resident program as an alternative to the Eastern Sierra. That way artist-in-resident participants would have the option of choosing where they wish to photograph. I'd really love to offer options such as this because not everyone wants to photograph landscapes. I'm currently working on creating pilot programs to "betatest" the long term goals of the organization.