PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Sierra Center for Photography Mailing List

Laura_Campbell
8-Mar-2013, 09:02
Eastern Sierra Center for Photography (ESC4P) website (http://esc4p.org/) has a new mailing list you can subscribe to if you're interested in receiving updates on upcoming programs. You'll receive an occasional email, and you can opt-out at any time. The organization is approved for fiscal sponsorship, pending its 501(c)3 status. Pilot studies for youth education and artist-in-residence programs are scheduled to commence this summer.

ESC4P was founded in September 2012, by Laura Campbell

EASTERN SIERRA CENTER FOR PHOTOGRAPHY
Mission Statement

To promote, revitalize, and increase the knowledge and appreciation of traditional large format photography with the public and within artistic communities by outreach, exhibition, discussion, and education.
To support individual artistic growth through an artist-in-residence program in a dynamic and diverse environment rich in photographic tradition.
To support artists by providing space to work with, teach, and explore large format photography methods.
To educate children in the local community through summer arts programs.

bob carnie
8-Mar-2013, 09:16
Signed up, looking forward to your updates

bob

Laura_Campbell
8-Mar-2013, 10:03
Thank you, Bob!

ROL
8-Mar-2013, 16:07
Signed up. Frankly, I've been curious as to where you're going with ESC4P. I know the area very well. If you haven't done so already, you might try contacting the Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association and the Eastern California Museum in Independence. Outwardly (naively), it seems as though you share a few goals.

Laura_Campbell
8-Mar-2013, 17:43
Thanks ROL! Perhaps a few goals are shared, yes. As stated in our Mission though, ESC4P is devoted to LF photography.

Nathan Potter
8-Mar-2013, 19:18
I also signed up, being a bit intrigued about where your effort will lead. I've not done photography in the Death Valley area but have been around Jerome AZ a few times. Jerome was excellent; old houses sort of spread out along the mountain slope and looking down on the remains of the Daisy Hotel. The Daisy remains were fun to photograph in the 1990's - I wonder if much is left. Happy shooting around Jerome.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

brian mcweeney
8-Mar-2013, 20:23
I too have signed up. Best wishes for you and your organization.

Laura_Campbell
8-Mar-2013, 21:06
I also signed up, being a bit intrigued about where your effort will lead. I've not done photography in the Death Valley area but have been around Jerome AZ a few times. Jerome was excellent; old houses sort of spread out along the mountain slope and looking down on the remains of the Daisy Hotel. The Daisy remains were fun to photograph in the 1990's - I wonder if much is left. Happy shooting around Jerome.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Thanks Nathan! Jerome is my home away from home. I lived here for 8 years, left in Aug 2008 for 4 years, and now am back during the startup phase (ESC4P) to be near close friends who can assist me with ESC4P. The Little Daisy Hotel is a private residence now, partly restored, but still just as lovely (tho not deteriorating anymore). Snow tonight. :-)

Laura_Campbell
8-Mar-2013, 21:08
I too have signed up. Best wishes for you and your organization.

Thank you, Brian! The organization will be simple, sweet, and awesome!

Steve Sherman
12-Mar-2013, 03:23
Just saw this, signed up

Congrats and best wishes for continued success.

Cheers!

Laura_Campbell
12-Mar-2013, 09:34
Just saw this, signed up

Congrats and best wishes for continued success.

Cheers!

Thank you, Steve! :-)

Drew Wiley
12-Mar-2013, 09:57
OK. I signed up. I guess I've covered as much of the Sierra with a view camera as anyone living or dead. Hundreds of trips,
and hopefully a least another decade of such blissful foolishness. Best wishes on your endeavor.

Preston
12-Mar-2013, 10:30
I am signed up, too!

I've been wandering around the Sierra since the early sixties: It is my home.

I wish you great success in your endeavors, Laura!

--P

Laura_Campbell
12-Mar-2013, 11:00
Thank you for the encouragement! It means a lot! :-)

Jim Fitzgerald
12-Mar-2013, 16:01
Laura, I'm in! Good luck and keep me posted.

Laura_Campbell
13-Mar-2013, 09:15
Laura, I'm in! Good luck and keep me posted.

Thanks so much, Jim! :-)

JBelthoff
13-Mar-2013, 10:07
I'm in~! :)

JamesGilmore
13-Mar-2013, 11:50
In, like Flynn. Looking forward to seeing what follows!

Laura_Campbell
13-Mar-2013, 12:00
Cool beans! Thank you, John, and James!