PDA

View Full Version : Gathering - Joshua Tree National Park in March

dperez
25-Feb-2013, 18:01
Is anyone interested in an LF meetup/gathering in Joshua Tree NP... possibly March 15-17th?

It will be a "Bring Your Own" gathering; bring your own equipment/gear, food, etc.

Make your own arrangements for accommodations. I will camp in Jumbo Rocks near campsite 17 if possible.

If there is enough interest I will make a flyer with more info, and maybe I'll bring some extra Cervezas...

If interested please post a response, also if you prefer a different location make a suggestion.

-DP

ghostcount
26-Feb-2013, 10:20
I'm in.

gary892
26-Feb-2013, 11:52
I was planning on honoring Per by returning to Joshua Tree at the end of March, but this will work.
I will only be there on the 16th though.

Gary

dperez
26-Feb-2013, 17:50
Dates have changed. Please PM me if you are interested in attending. Those above this entry have been PM'd.

-DP

ScottPhotoCo
11-Mar-2013, 19:57
Is this happening or has it already happened?

Tim
www.ScottPhoto.co

dperez
18-Mar-2013, 10:46
Tim,

A gathering already occurred on the weekend of the 8-10. When I created this thread I was unaware of the plans, so I simply relayed that info to anyone that was interested in my post, I figured there was no use having two gatherings that were a week apart.

If interested I am going to try to organize a gathering to occur along the coast. Right now I'm thinking Limekiln State Park (http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=577), but I'm open to other ideas.

-Daniel

Is this happening or has it already happened?

Tim
www.ScottPhoto.co

ScottPhotoCo
19-Mar-2013, 17:17
Tim,

A gathering already occurred on the weekend of the 8-10. When I created this thread I was unaware of the plans, so I simply relayed that info to anyone that was interested in my post, I figured there was no use having two gatherings that were a week apart.

If interested I am going to try to organize a gathering to occur along the coast. Right now I'm thinking Limekiln State Park (http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=577), but I'm open to other ideas.

-Daniel

Thanks Daniel!

Big Sur would be quite a schlep from SoCal but it all depends on what's happening at work. :)

Tim
www.ScottPhoto.co

Vaughn
19-Mar-2013, 21:27
And in the Fall...late October or so, consider coming up to the redwoods in Humboldt and Del Norte Counties. We had a nice informal gathering in 2012. Humboldt Redwoods State Park (where the below was taken, lousy scanning job) and up as far as Jed Smith Redwoods State Park.

dperez
20-Mar-2013, 10:05
Sounds like a good idea. A break from So-Cal might be in order.

-DP

And in the Fall...late October or so, consider coming up to the redwoods in Humboldt and Del Norte Counties. We had a nice informal gathering in 2012. Humboldt Redwoods State Park (where the below was taken, lousy scanning job) and up as far as Jed Smith Redwoods State Park.