PDA

View Full Version : Printing with Lightroom 4 and Epson 3880 - printing off centre

welly
22-Feb-2013, 17:33
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out a way of printing off-centre in Lightroom 4 as it always prints centred.

Take this example:

I'm wanting to print off-centre so when I come to trim the image, I only have to trim it once rather than twice. Is there a printer setting or a setting in Lightroom that I've missed because I can't find any option to set the positioning of the image on the paper.

Thanks in advance

bob carnie
23-Feb-2013, 05:56
You could set up a canvas in PS and position your prints anywhere you prefer. In Lightroom I am sure you can create a canvas as well but I only make them from PS.

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out a way of printing off-centre in Lightroom 4 as it always prints centred.

Take this example:

I'm wanting to print off-centre so when I come to trim the image, I only have to trim it once rather than twice. Is there a printer setting or a setting in Lightroom that I've missed because I can't find any option to set the positioning of the image on the paper.

Thanks in advance

photobymike
23-Feb-2013, 07:14
try the crop option for the size of the print you want to make

Valdecus
23-Feb-2013, 09:58
Set up a new print template an adjust the page/image margins to your liking.

Cheers,
Andreas

biedron
23-Feb-2013, 10:31
Set up a new print template an adjust the page/image margins to your liking.

That's the ticket.

As an example, see the "Fine Art Mat" standard template. Once you have the margins set to your liking, you can save it as a custom template by clicking on the "+" sign in the Template Browser header.

Bob